Friday, June 17, 2011

Thoughts on a poetry reading...

(Lune)
A clarity of purpose and
Phrase. Digging deep,
a furrow of the heart.

(Couplet)
Crossing a ford into a river of words,
Littered like mites on the wings of the birds

The flox and coreopsis bloom at their flight,
Nested into the night, into the good night.

 (Skeltonic Verse)
A poetry reading           
in all of the hustle
with all of the bustle
and even a minor tussle
the words have muscle

The words
made us move
we danced on our hooves
and we even grooved
certainly renewed

and we left
with a greater sense,
a little less tense
a space to recompense.

(List Poem)
Purple punch on the table
Cookies stare down diets
Fat strawberries chocolate dipped
Cheesecake rectangles with
Blueberry kiss

Open door on its hinge
Lights barely to tinge
Words do not impinge
Audience: do not cringe

(Ritual Poem)
I open my hands
And push my fingers
Together.
Locked and reverant,
Facing north and up.
Double-fisted hope:

“Please Lord, let our
hearts touch, if briefly.
Let me gaze up to your
Power, even if underfoot.
Lord, crack me wide as your
Lightning cracks night’s
temperate sky.
And Lord, give me what I
Lack so I too can be gracious.”

—Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.