Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Untitled


I wonder if my body
or my husband (What's 
your name again?)
will release me from
one of these prisons?  I lay
here wondering if its

a cell of graying, stretching skin
frayed in its edges and cuticles.
Minnesota’s nickname is “Land of 10,000 Lakes”;
"Land of 10,000 Liver Spots" is my body's
nickname. Dotted and mottled lakes of
blurred brown leaking into vacant
pale spaces a field misspent, bereft. Or is

it four walls with a 10’x12’ checker-board
floor stained with urine. Whoever
thought that pale-green paint
(sea –foam is for mother-in-law suites)
soothed hot, leaking nerves was an asshole.
Obviously he doesn’t know
a thing about ripe pain.

The point, of course, is
that I cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.